Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vanishing LED's

  DATELINE: GLENDALE, KY         DATE: 4/9/2009            PLACE: PETRO TRUCK STOP
 Stopped at the Petro to spend the night on our way up up Louisville, KY. Went to the truck wash and afterwards backed in next to this dropped step deck trailer. As we were wiping down our equipment of water, I looked at the step deck and thought "this guy is missing a couple of lights in the front corner."  
 While walking down the side I noticed that the side turn signal was also missing. "This is not going to be good."
                                                     And as I rounded the back.......
   BAM!!!  Every light on this trailer was GONE!!!!  I figure that all the lights were LEDs and some low life saw an easy way to make a upgrade to their own equipment by stealing the lights off of this dropped trailer.  I estimate the loss at about $300-350.00.  lights missing are: 8- 4" round,  9- 2" round, and 2- oval side turn signals.  I called the owner of the trailer (phone # was on the inspection sticker) and gave them the bad news and they could forewarn the driver before he came back to pick-up the trailer.  Lowlifes like this give all truckers a bad name.......

2 comments:

  1. What a bunch of Aholes! They are expensize to say the least! And easily pop out to be taken unfortunatly. I remember they we're stealing the ones behind the columbias we had a while back, they we're stealing the reverse lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good information there. Nice and detailed for people like me. Thanks.

    bucket trucks

    ReplyDelete